Brazilian Bikini Waxing
Bikini Wax Definition & Procedure
Bikini waxing is the removal of pubic hair by applying melted, hot or warm, usually hot, wax to the pubic hair. The wax adheres to the hairs and hardens. Then the hair and its roots are quickly removed with a strip of cloth. After removal of the hair, a cream or balm will be applied by the esthetician to soothe and calm redness of the skin. For certain people who tend to get ingrown hairs, witch hazel or exfoliating wipes may be applied.
Bikini waxing enables women to wear swimwear and lingerie without the worry of hair showing. The Brazilian waxing technique is growing in popularity with men as well.
How to Prep for a Bikini Wax
- Try to have your hair a minimum of 1/4 inches long. Shorter hair is harder to pull out.
- The night before your bikini waxing use an exfoliating scrub to remove any dead skin cells.
- Do not apply any oils, lotions or moisturizers.
- To lessen inflammation a pain reliever is recommended.
- Tell your esthetician if you are allergic to any creams or oils.
Brazilian Wax Aftercare
The First 24 Hours
- Do not touch the area. Irritation and small pimples can develop.
- Avoid a hot shower, tanning salons, hot tubs, and saunas. These could cause irritation and pimples.
- The skin may be sensitive to the sun so if you are heading to the beach or pool it is essential to apply sunscreen.
- Avoid the gym. Sweat may cause irritation.
- Keep the area clean, free of products and avoid sexual intercourse to prevent the absorption of bacteria.
- 48 hours later if the area is not red, apply a mild exfoliator. This will help to prevent ingrown hair.
In Between Waxing Visits
- Continue to exfoliate the skin to remove any dead skin cell buildup.
- Moisturize daily
- Do not shave
- Shower immediately after exercise to protect the hair follicles against bacteria.
How Long Does a Brazilian Wax Last?
Depending on the person’s individual hair growth rate waxing results can vary. Usually, after the first waxing, the results will last 3 to 6 weeks. Hair growth is usually less during the initial week and increases as the weeks go on. Because heat can stimulate hair growth, hair tends to grow back quicker during the summer months. As one continues to wax the hair growth decreases and the length of time between waxing increases.
If you’re looking for professional and clean Brazilian waxing services and live in the tri-state area, including NJ, NYC, Manhattan and beyond contact the Blu Salon. The Blue salon has built a reputation in the area as the “Best Brazilian Wax Near Me”. The Blu Salon, located in Edgewater NJ on the Hudson River has a friendly and knowledgeable team who will give you a detailed consultation. Your waxing specialist will guide you through the entire process providing you with essential aftercare tips as well. Contact the Blu Salon to set up an appointment to get safe and clean Brazilian waxing.